2 Jan 2014

Resurfacing - Goodbye to 2013


Happy new year !
It seems like the past two weeks have flown faster than I could imagine, only two weeks ago I was still doing a mad 72 hour shift at work which ended just hours before I boarded the plane to Tel Aviv to spend Christmas with my family, it was a trip I planned months ago that was meant to be a happy and relaxing. Little did I know that in the time between booking my tickets and boarding the plane my trip would turn from happy and relaxing to a trip full of sadness and reflection on life. 

In the two months before my trip my dear grandmother passed away, unfortunately I was unable to attend her funeral, it was one of these heartbreaking things I still find impossible to adjust to so on my way to Tel Aviv I spent hours crying because I just couldn't cope with the feelings, it got even harder when I finally got there and the realisation that I won't be able to knock on her door and sit down and chat with her. It was also hard because everytime I go back to visit I realise how fast everyone is getting old and how fast things are changing when I'm so far away from home. This lead me to spend a large part of my time at home trying to spend as much time as I can with my family rather then running around and sightseeing. I just wanted to feel at home for the week and it was a very emotional week but despite that I did venture out to meet my friends and walk with my mum in our favourite spots, I promise that next time, hopefully under happier circumstances I'll be able to spend more time and take more photos at interesting spots in the city. 

I didn't want to go into too many details about my experiences of 2013, it was certainly a testing year from me, I moved from the West Midlands to London for a new job and managed to lose it, I went through a period of doing contract work which also had its ups and downs and eventually found a job in a place which I really hope I'll be able to grow in professionally, hopefully despite the sad events of 2013, the new year will be much better and positive, my main resolution so far is to try to learn how to think more positively.

In the meantime, until I recover from the events of the past two weeks and get used to 2013, enjoy some of my last photos of 2013, from my home-town Tel Aviv. Happy new year!

















No comments:

Post a Comment