11 Nov 2013

Beauty bites


It's been a long time since I treated myself to some beauty products, it was mainly because I realised that I developed a tendency to hoard beauty and make up products which I absolutely had no use for so I decided to scale down and used up all what I had and could use but this weekend I needed a little bit of a pick me-up and decided to treat myself to some products I'll actually have use for. 
It started because I decided I needed a nail polish in a very specific shade of grey and after a long search I found exactly the right shade by Models Own, I'm a little obsessed with grey nail polishes but always went for darker shades so it was time for a chance and I absolutely love this colour, it's perfect if you want to wear a grey nail polish but don't want to go for a dark shade. 
Since I was already in the beauty department I decided to try out Eyeko's famous Skinny Liquid Eyeliner. I use a black eyeliner on a daily basis and have very specific preferences to my ideal eyeliner, my biggest problem is that often the eyeliners I like the most are discontinued which means I have to try and find the next 'perfect' eyeliner. This time I decided to try out the Skinny Liquid eyeliner which everyone keeps raving about. I have to admit this one was not easy to master and I'm still trying to get used to using it, it's slightly thicker than eyeliners I used before and I still find it hard to hold the wand steady enough to keep my lines as thin as I like them but it usually takes me a while to get used to a new eyeliner until I manage to draw the perfect line (I have wto left hands!!!) .
Last but not least is the Caudalie Beauty Elixir, this was the real treat and a product which I wanted to try for a long time. This one is the 30ml bottle which is great if you just want to try it out. I've been using it for the last two days and since I hate foundation and rarely wear any I can easily take it with me everywhere and spritz a little bit when my face needs a little bit of a boost. I think it's the sort of product I would class as a 'nice to have' rather than a 'must have', it did make my skin feel fresh, especially after a long day of running around but the overall result did not make a huge difference on the appearance of my already dull and tired looking skin (it's Monday! I have a good excuse). 
I did notice however that I find myself reaching for the bottle a couple of times a day for a little bit of a 'wake up' spritz which I actually quite like so overall even though it doesn't make my skin glow and shine like I would want it too, I really like the elixir as a quick 'pick me up' solution during a long day.


No comments:

Post a Comment