12 Dec 2013

Pink haze

Pink haze


This morning, as I was walking to work from the tube station, I saw not one but 5 ladies dressed in all shades of pink, all looking gorgeous wearing their little blushed cashmere jumpers or fluffy pink coats and then it hit me, that feeling that I was left out of the pink party. As I was walking and staring enviously at the lady in the gorgeous boxy pink coat I asked myself 'why am I afraid of wearing pink?' and unsurprisingly immediately found about ten reasons to rationalise why I can't wear pink. The list of excuses and reasons could have probably filled a post on its own but I just couldn't help not being a little jealous in those that could so easily add a touch of pink and look totally fabulous and chic. But despite all of the temptation and all of the gorgeous items available, I still can't imagine myself in pink. Maybe it's just a case of going into a shop, finding an item I like and trying it on but maybe it takes more than just walking into a shop and a bit of love for pink, I think there's also a big question of practicality involved, at least for me, trying to rationalise why I suddenly want to wear pink is one thing but there is also the question of what will I be doing with that gorgeous pink jumper next winter, will I still wear it? What will happen to that fuzzy pink coat, will it still look fuzzy and pretty in a few months time? I suppose my answer to these questions is a very simple no. I just know that in a few months time I'll be looking back at this moment when all I wanted to do is wear pink and I'll probably be thanking myself for leaving this sudden fascination with pink where it should be (at least for me) - on the pages of magazines and shop windows.


No comments:

Post a Comment