9 Dec 2012

Festive treats


I decided to treat myself to some nice new make up treats for the holiday season (yes, I know I love blaming the holiday season for my bad habits!) and went into Superdrug to have a look at the Sleek make up range which all my friends have been raving about for a while.
I usually like to keep it simple and usually don't even wear foundation so my makeup shopping is usually fairly basic , but recently I lost my favourite blush and discovered it's not being sold anymore so thought it would be a good time to try a new blush and ended up with this gorgeous one from Sleek  (appropriately called flamingo). I'm really impressed by this one as it appears to be a very bright and bold shade, however when applied it had a nice gentle rose shade which I really liked.
Next I picked up Sleek's Pout Polish which is a tinted lip condition that feels really nice and smooth, I decided to stick to a neutral colour and when I got home I tested it over a lipstick with a darker shade which I was always worry about wearing as it was a bit too much for me. To my surpirse the tint actually helped to to tone down the lipstick's shade a little which I really liked and better than that I managed to get a few good hours of wear with the tint and lipstick together which was quite impressive as I didn't really expect that.
The two nail polishes were little extras which I didn't really plan on buying but really wanted to get for a while. The Nails Inc polish is from the Graffiti range which I wanted to try , on the site it appears over a white nail polish but I wasn't really sure if I want a white nail polish so decided to go for Barry M's Rickly Pear shade (can't figure out this name but it made me laugh) and love the way the two work together.
So there, one last treat for myself for this month, a couple of items I'll definitely get a good use off.


No comments:

Post a Comment