16 Jan 2013

Favourite winter budget beauty buys



I'm spending the morning at home as I'm waiting for a technician to come over to fix the heating that stopped working just as the temperatures are falling under the zero mark and since I'm sitting here wrapped in my pyjamas I've decided to dedicate today's post to my favourite budget beauty buys that are saving my skin this winter. 
Before I moved to the UK I kept the same skincare routine year round because I lived in a very warm country but when I moved to the UK and faced my first proper winter my skin was a complete mess, face looked grey,dry and dull and my lips and hands were even worse. I had to get my act together but the problem was that at the time I thought that buying the most expensive products would help my skin get better, it didn't really work and the main reason was that I really couldn't maintain a good winter skincare routine with expensive products, I had a constant fear that the products would run out and I'll have to spend more money which lead me to slack in my routine and left my skin looking sad and dull. This winter I decided that I'm not going to run after the high-end special winter beauty products and settled for good budget products that actually worked well on my skin, so here are my top 5 budget which I'm really happy to share:

Superdrug Naturally Radiant Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser - It's the first time I used a hot cloth cleanser actually. I don't have a very strict cleansing and toning routine and read some nice reviews about this product so thought I'd give it a try. I have a normal skin but when I first used it the cleanser felt a little too oily and I was a little worried but I have to say I'm very happy with it now. Mostly because it feels great and leaves my skin feeling really soft, I also love using the warm cloth to polish it off, it feels so nice on a cold winter morning!

Blistex Raspberry Lemonade Blast - When it comes to lip balms I always choose Blistex and been doing so for years. I did try other balms but my lips can get really bad when the weather changes and the temperatures drop and so far Blistex lip balms are the only ones that keep my lips from breaking and bleeding (sorry for the TMI). I especially love this balm because it has such a strangely sweet smell that reminds me a little bit of the summer and sorbets which I love so much!  

Jergens Daily Moisture Hand and Cuticle Cream -Cold weather absolutely destroys the skin on my hands, it gets so dry to the point I find it painful to move my hands so a good hand cream is really important for me. I discovered this cream when I borrowed a tube from a friend I was visiting. I never tried Jergen's products before but I have to say I'm definitely thinking of trying their other products at some point because I love this hand cream so much. What I like about it the most is that it doesn't feel too oily (a giant pet peeve I have when it comes to skincare) and even better, it leaves my skin feeling soft for longer than most other hand creams I used in the past. After using it for a few months the skin on my hands looks so much better despite the cold weather , I really didn't expect this from a simple hand cream but it works really well for me. 

Nivea Regenerating Night Cream and Nivea Tinted Moisturising Day Cream - two products I bought on a whim when they were on offer, I didn't want to spend too much money on moisturisers and my mum recommended I just get some Nivea products as she always used Nivea and was always happy with their products. 
I really love those two moisturisers because they feel great and make my usually lifeless winter skin feel great. I find my skin to feel really dry after a shower at night so a night cream is a must for me. I usually apply serum after I shower and add a little bit of night cream before I go to bed because I sometimes wake up at night feeling as if my skin is about to burst because of the dryness, especially when I leave the heating on during the night. 
In the mornings I usually put a little bit of the tinted moisturiser, I'm not a big fan of using foundation so the tint makes my skin look a lot healthier and leaves it feeling soft for a good few hours, however I usually need to re-apply this one throughout the day and I sometimes feel the textures is a little sticky and thick for a moisturiser but it does leave my skin feeling nice and the tint does help to smooth imperfections very gently. 

So there it is , my 5 favourite budget winter skincare finds, what are your favourite winter beauty products and secrets?


No comments:

Post a Comment