1 Dec 2013

Stepping up


I've been on the look out for a nice pair of ankle boots for a very long time. I have a hard time looking for boots and ankle boots are probably the worst offenders when it comes to fit and proportions, at least for me. I was fortunate to be blessed with what I lovingly call 'chunky and short legs' and although I jokingly refer to them as such, I'm totally fine with what I got but sometimes finding a flattering pair of boots can be a real nightmare. I've been on an ankle boot hunt pretty much every winter in the last three or four years but eventually I gave up, until last week when I spotted this pair at Topshop. They had all of what I wanted in a pair of ankle boots, a slightly pointed toe , chunky heel and a little buckle. Unwittingly, I did exactly what everyone would advice against and ordered them on-line without trying them on first! I waited nervously until I finally got them delivered yesterday and the thing that I realised immediately is that I didn't actually check the heel height which was much higher than I expected it to be, but then I tried them on and it was love at first sight, the fit was perfect and the boot cuts around the ankle just at the right spot which means it doesn't make my legs look shorter than they already are, but there is only one problem left to solve and that is getting used to walking in those heels! They're actually not that tall at 3.5inches but they're by far the tallest heels I ever owned which means they'll require a little bit of practice and 'breaking in' time but since I finally found the perfect pair of ankle boots I'm willing to put my feet to the test and maybe hopefully learn to walk in heels properly for the first time in my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment